What is the application process?
There are three parts to the application process.
1. You must set up an account.
2. After setting up an account, you must login to your account and complete the online application. Once you have completed the online application, you will get an email back confirming that the online portion of your application was received along with a reminder to complete step 3.
3. You must mail in the additional required materials as explained below.
- Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Applicants Must: • Be high school seniors at a North Carolina or South Carolina high school.
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
• Be residents of North or South Carolina.
• Be a member of the Carolinas Golf Association or Youth on Course.
• Demonstrate community involvement.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
The deadline for submission of the online portion of the application is . Deadline for receipt of the additional required materials is 5:00 PM EST.. The additional materials required must be mailed in ONE envelope to the , PO BOX 1465, Taylors, SC 29687. The additional materials required must be RECEIVED no later than 5:00 pm est. .
- What constitutes a complete application packet?
You must submit the following additional materials:
• Submit signed TERMS OF AGREEMENT, found in the application online.
• Submit an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the latest semester. (It must be OFFICIAL)
• Submit SAT/ACT SCORES for applicants who are high school seniors.
• Submit a LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from a teacher, coach, or mentor.
• Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit a one-page signed personal statement that includes college and career plans as well as how golf has impacted your life or how you have had an impact in your own golfing community.
• Submit a SIGNED LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, COMMUNITY SERVICE, EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, ETC.
• Submit a copy of your SAR REPORT. (This is the report you receive after your FAFSA application as been processed.)
- What is the value of the scholarship award?
(1) Scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000.00 for both a male and female awardee.
(1) Scholarship will be awarded in amount of $2,500.00 for both a male and female runner ups.
(5) Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000.00 for both male and female first runner ups.
Funds are applied to the educational expenses, including tuition, fees, and books. Checks will be made payable to and mailed directly to the colleges upon receipt of the Request for Payment Form. Funds not credited to the recipient's account must be returned to the Carolinas Golf Association Scholarship Fund.
- What college may I attend?
Scholarship recipients may attend any accredited, public or private, 4-year college or university located within the United States. Recipients must plan to enter college in the fall of the year the award is made with the goal of earning a recognized undergraduate academic degree in the time normally prescribed for the attainment of said degree. The recipient's school of choice must be exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Funds will not be issued for this scholarship unless the school maintains that exemption.
Scholarships are awarded for undergraduate work only. Any changes in plans for college after notification of receipt of the scholarship must be given in writing to the scholarship director. This is a one-time scholarship and is non-renewable.
All recipients must be full-time each semester and working toward an undergraduate degree.
What if I am unable to attend consecutive semesters?
Extenuating circumstances requiring a student to sit out a semester must be explained in writing to CSA. You will be notified of the final decision. If a recipient is out for a semester and doesn`t receive approval, then that semester is forfeited.
How are winners selected?
An Awards Advisory Committee will consider the respective ability, educational goals, financial need and career ambitions of each applicant.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
All complete applicants will be notified by email of the decisions of the committee.
Is this scholarship renewable?
This scholarship is non-renewable and is for the year awarded only.