What is the application process?
Applications must be submitted online through the Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA) website. There are three steps to complete the application:
1. Click the "create application" button below to answer the prequalifying questions. When you submit these, it will automatically take you to the profile page.
2. Create or update your profile. Save and continue to the online application.
3. Complete the online application. A confirmation email will be sent when the online portion of your application is complete. Applicant should contact CSA if a confirmation email is not received.
4. Mail in, or email, the packet of additional required materials. See "What constitutes a complete application" below.
If you need assistance,please email: .
- Who is eligible for the scholarship?
1. All applicants must be a resident of South Carolina.
2. All applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
3. All applicants must demonstrate community involvement through community service/volunteer work.
4. All applicants must demonstrate financial need.
SC Jr. Golf Scholarships: Applicants may be high school seniors or current college students, planning to attend a college in South Carolina. Applicants must display a competitive or recreational interest in golf.
Terry Florence Scholarship: Applicants may be high school seniors or current college students, planning to attend a college in South Carolina. Applicants must be planning to play golf on a collegiate level.
Lucille Hendley Scholarship: Female applicants only; Applicants must be high school seniors planning to attend a college in the United States. Applicants.must have applied for the current year's Blade Junior Golf Classic OR were active participants in The First Tee-Upstate OR were active participants in the Greenville, Spartanburg, or upstate chapters of the SCJGA's Hootie and the Blowfish Summer Series.
Dick Hendley Scholarship: Male applicants only; Applicants must be high school seniors planning to attend a college in the United States. Applicants.must have applied for the current year's Blade Junior Golf Classic OR were active participants in The First Tee-Upstate OR were active participants in the Greenville, Spartanburg, or upstate chapters of the SCJGA's Hootie and the Blowfish Summer Series.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
The deadline for submission of the online portion of the application is . Deadline for receipt of the additional required materials is 5:00 PM EST.. The additional materials required must be mailed in ONE envelope to:
PO BOX 1465
Taylors, SC 29687
- What constitutes a complete application packet?
You must submit the following additional materials:
• Signed Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form, found in the online application, signed by the scholarship candidate.
Download the Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form.
• Official transcript with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the latest Fall semester.
• Submit a LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from someone related to golf (Golf Professional, Coach, Chapter Director, etc.)
• Submit a SIGNED LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from a teacher/professor.
• Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit a one-page signed personal statement that includes college and career plans as well
as how golf has impacted your life or how you have had an impact in your own golfing community.
• Submit a RESUME OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE,etc.
• Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- What is the value of the scholarship award?
SC Jr. Golf Scholarship 4 new recipients each year $ 1500 Renewable for up to 4 consecutive years Terry Florence Scholarship 1 new recipient each year $ 3000 Renewable for up to 4 consecutive years Lucille Hendley Scholarship 1 new female recipient each year $ 2500 Nonrenewable / 1 year only Dick Hendley Scholarship 1 new male recipient each year $ 2500 Nonrenewable / 1 year only
- What college may I attend?
SC Jr Golf Scholarships: Recipients may attend an accredited, public or private, four-year college or university located in the state of South Carolina.
Terry Florence Scholarship: Recipients may attend an accredited, public or private, four-year college or university located in the state of South Carolina.
Dick and Lucille Hendley Scholarships: Recipients may attend an accredited, public or private, four-year college or university located in the United States.
The recipient`s school of choice must be exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. To the extent the institution is involved in the selection of the recipients (if at all), such involvement must comply with the Fund`s policy of awarding scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis as well as the Fund`s Conflict of Interest Policy.
All recipients must be full-time each semester and working toward an undergraduate degree.
What if I am unable to attend consecutive semesters?
Extenuating circumstances requiring a student to sit out a semester must be explained in writing to CSA. You will be notified of the final decision. If a recipient is out for a semester and doesn`t receive approval, then that semester is forfeited.
How are winners selected?
An Awards Advisory Committee will consider the respective ability, educational goals, financial need and career ambitions of each applicant.
Dick and Lucille Hendley finalists will be expected to interview with a committee via zoom.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
All complete applicants will be notified by email of the decisions of the committee the following spring.
Is this scholarship renewable?
The Dick and Lucille Hendley Scholarships are nonrenewable and are for one year only.
The SC Jr Golf Scholarship and The Terry Florence Scholarships may be renewable for up to (3) three consecutive additional years of undergraduate work (four years total), or until a bachelor`s degree is awarded, whichever is earlier. Current recipients will receive information on the renewal process from CSA. The scholarship will be renewed based on:
(a) availability of funds;
(b) student remains in good standing with the institution;
(c) student maintains the required minimum cumulative GPA;
(d) student is enrolled full time, and,
(e) student applies by the deadline for renewal of the scholarship.
Current recipients who fail to comply with requirements B, D, and E may lose their scholarship permanently. If a scholarship is renewed for an academic year and any semester is not used within that year then it is forfeited. A GPA falling below the required minimum of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale at the end of ANY semester may result in a decision not to honor the award for the subsequent semester. If this is the decision, then the award is terminated on a permanent basis and the student will not be allowed to apply for renewal at any time in the future. However, if a decision is made to honor the award and it is paid for the subsequent semester, then the student will be allowed to apply for consideration of renewal provided the GPA is at the required level at the end of the semester in question. Once a scholarship goes into effect, grade reports will be required at the end of the Fall semester. The grade report must include the name of the student, name of the college and the student`s social security or identification number. It is the responsibility of the recipient to request the grade report. An official transcript will be required at the end of the Spring semester. The transcript must reflect the name of the student and name of the college. It is the responsibility of the recipient to request the transcript.