What is the application process?
Applications must be submitted online through the Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA) website. There are three steps to complete the application:
1. Click the "create application" button below to answer the prequalifying questions. When you submit these, it will automatically take you to the profile page.
2. Create or update your profile. Save and continue to the online application.
3. Complete the online application. A confirmation email will be sent when the online portion of your application is complete. Applicant should contact CSA if a confirmation email is not received.
4. Mail in, or email, the packet of additional required materials. See "What constitutes a complete application" below.
If you need assistance, please email:
- Who is eligible for the scholarship?
• Be qualified employees of Subway of South Carolina and Eastern Georgia or dependent children of qualified employees.
- A qualified employee who is a student is defined as an employee scheduled to work a minimum of 15 hours per week and must have been employed by Subway of South Carolina and Eastern Georgia for a minimum of six months prior to January 1, .
- Dependent children include natural, adopted, and resident stepchildren. A qualified employee who is the parent of a dependent child applying for the scholarship is defined as an employee scheduled to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and must have been employed by Subway of South Carolina and Eastern Georgian for a minimum of eighteen months prior to January 1 of the year the award is made.
• Be either high school seniors, OR undergraduates attending an accredited undergraduate college or university as full-time students.
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale through the latest spring semester.
• Be planning to attend any accredited two-year or four-year public or private college, university, or technical school offering a degree in the fall of the year the award is made.
• Demonstrate traits of high personal character and leadership.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
The deadline for submission of the online portion of the application is . Deadline for receipt of the additional required materials is 5:00 PM EST.. The additional materials required must be mailed in ONE envelope to the , PO BOX 1465, Taylors, SC 29687. The additional materials required must be RECEIVED no later than 5:00 pm est. .
- What constitutes a complete application packet?
You must submit the following additional materials:
• STUDENT AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS FORM, found in the online application, signed by the scholarship candidate.
Download the Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form.
• Submit an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the   semester. (It must be OFFICIAL)
• Submit SAT/ACT SCORES for applicants who are high school seniors.
• Submit a SIGNED LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from a teacher/professor.
• Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit a one-page signed personal statement explaining why the scholarship is important to the applicant. Include college and career plans, if known.
Include applicant name and name of scholarship on the page.
• Submit a SIGNED LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, COMMUNITY SERVICE, EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, ETC.
- What is the value of the scholarship award?
Subway of South Carolina and Eastern Georgia provides one scholarship in an amount up to $1,500 to a qualified employee or dependent child of a qualified employee of any Subway of South Carolina and Eastern Georgia restaurant.
- What college may I attend?
Recipients must attend any accredited two-year or four-year public or private college, university, or technical school offering a degree. The recipient's school of choice must be exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
All recipients must be full-time each semester and working toward a recognized degree.
The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. To the extent the institution is involved in the selection of the recipients (if at all), such involvement must comply with the Fund's policy of awarding scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis as well as the Fund's Conflict of Interest Policy.
What if I am unable to attend consecutive semesters?
Extenuating circumstances requiring a student to sit out a semester must be explained in writing to CSA. You will be notified of the final decision. If a recipient is out for a semester and doesn`t receive approval, then that semester is forfeited.
How are winners selected?
An independent Scholarship Selection Committee will consider the respective ability, academic merit, educational goals, and career ambitions of each applicant.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
The email address or contact information provided on the application will be used to notify all of the complete applicants of the decisions of the committee.
Is this scholarship renewable?
This scholarship is non-renewable and is for the year awarded only.