What is the application process?
Applications must be submitted online through the Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA) website. There are three steps to complete the application:
1. Click the "create application" button below to answer the prequalifying questions. When you submit these, it will automatically take you to the profile page.
2. Create or update your profile. Save and continue to the online application.
3. Complete the online application. A confirmation email will be sent when the online portion of your application is complete. Applicant should contact CSA if a confirmation email is not received.
4. Mail in, or email, the packet of additional required materials. See "What constitutes a complete application" below.
If you need assistance,please email: .
- Who is eligible for the scholarship?
* Applicant must be a Direct Descendant (Child, Grand Child, Great Grand Child) of an Active USP Alumni.
* Applicant must be High School Senior at an accredited High School entering college in the Fall (Award 1)
OR a college Freshman/Sophomore who is a full time student at an accredited undergraduate institution – public or private (Award 2).
* Preference will be given to descendants of alumni with more than five years of active participation in Upsilon Sigma Phi Alumni Association.
* Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
The deadline for submission of the online portion of the application is . Deadline for receipt of the additional required materials is 5:00 PM EST.. The additional materials required must be mailed in ONE envelope to the , PO BOX 1465, Taylors, SC 29687. The additional materials required must be RECEIVED no later than 5:00 pm est. .
Once an applicant has applied online and submitted the application they will receive an email immediately letting them know their application has been received and reminding them to submit by mail the remaining items required to complete the application. Failure to provide the additional materials within the designated time frame will result in an "incomplete" application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
- What constitutes a complete application packet?
You must submit the following additional materials:
• Signed Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form, found in the online application, signed by the scholarship candidate.
Download the Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form.
• Official TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the   semester. (It must be OFFICIAL)
• Submit your SAT AND/OR ACT TEST SCORES in the format provided by the testing agency.
• Submit a SIGNED ESSAY addressing the following: The motto for Upsilon Sigma Phi is character, loyalty, and service. Consider these attributes and, in 500 words or less, provide an example of how you have demonstrated one of these traits in your life.
• Submit a LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE, etc. The list must be provided on official signed letterhead from the school.
- What is the value of the scholarship award?
Three fixed amount one-time award scholarships at $5000 each per annum:
- Award 1 – Eligible High School Students
- Award 2 – Eligible College Freshman/Sophomores
- Award 3 – Eligible active members of USP Fraternity (Awarded in 2023)
- What college may I attend?
The recipients may attend any accredited four year college or university, provided the institution meets the stipulations in the following paragraph. Online, CO-OP, Summer School, Technical colleges, community colleges, or vocational schools will not qualify.
The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on.
What if I am unable to attend consecutive semesters?
Extenuating circumstances requiring a student to sit out a semester must be explained in writing to CSA. You will be notified of the final decision. If a recipient is out for a semester and doesn`t receive approval, then that semester is forfeited.
How are winners selected?
An independent Scholarship Selection Committee will consider the respective ability, academic merit, educational goals, and career ambitions of each applicant.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
The email address or contact information provided on the application will be used to notify all of the complete applicants of the decisions of the committee.
Is this scholarship renewable?
This scholarship is non-renewable; however, current recipients may re-apply and be considered in the competition with new applicants.